Saturday, December 12, 2009

Charlestown Christmas Lights

Go ahead keep making fun (Tracey) of where I grew up, but I bet Jeffersonville doesn't have a sweet light display that Charlestown does! Why didn't Charlestown have this when I lived there?

Tonight we took Cooper to see the light display in Charlestown and it rocked! We started up on the square (yes I did do some cruising around this place a time or two in my day). This was the part where the lights were synchronized to music. One minute it was dark the next it was bright, I think I even muttered wow a time or two. After we walked around the square we headed across the street the park. They had carriage rides, a concession stand, and lots more lights. Cooper was in total awe, Steve tried to take some pictures of us but in every one he had is head turned looking at something else.





We did manage a family self-portrait.

This was on a bridge in the park, I think he might be looking at the horse.


Just a few pictures of the scenery, this is the gazebo on the square.


The nativity, one of Steve's co-workers wanted to put something like this in his front yard this year.


Santa and his reindeer.


Steve & Cooper before we walked down to the park.





If you haven't checked these out yet you really need to head up the road. I think the local news (if they haven't already) needs to do a news story on small town Christmas displays. Charlestown would win!











6 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

those pics where he isn't looking are priceless!! they really capture the moment!

Mrs. Wesely said...

Go Charlestown!! You should have put (Steve) in that category with Tracey. Isn't he always giving us a knock or two? Charlestown is movin' on up!!

ginmommy said...

I'm tellin ya what....Charlestown lights rule!!!! BTW, I love the 3rd pic of Cooper. SO cute.

Jill said...

Ok, so I've been a C-town snob in the past (even though that's my zip code now. . .S-burg phone number, Utica township. . .we're all mixed up!), but this light display is awesome! BTW- where is the house in C-town you were talking about?

Amy said...

The mayor and so many other people are doing such a great job of making Charlestown a family friendly place. We go and watch the lights at least once a week. Lucas and Lilly love the lights but I do too. :) In the summer they have movies in the park. It's a great time. You guys should check out this summer. :)

Tracey said...

We haven't seen the lights yet, but want to get over there!!! Thanks for posting the pics...I'll try not to make fun of you any more. (even tho I grew up in Jeff where we "kill people" according to Gretchen)